JUST RELEASED SEPTEMBER 2016
ALL NEW BOOK ON ENERGY-EFFICIENT YACHTING AND WORLD CRUISING…
A successful ocean passage on a small to midsize sailing vessel means keeping things as simple as possible. Sun, Wind, and Water: The Essential Guide to the Energy-Efficient Cruising Boat gives you the most detailed, up-to-date advice on how to prepare your boat for an ocean crossing while at the same time saving money and ensuring a smaller footprint on Mother Nature. Circumnavigator-author Bill Morris describes in detail the best options for reducing dependence on fossil fuels, minimizing battery usage, and enjoying a comfortable lifestyle on the water. He presents an array of electrical charging systems, power-saving electrical fixtures, and manual devices aimed at saving money on fuel, along with pointers on installation and maintenance.
This practical guide covers:
• The development of an energy-saving plan for your boat
• Battery technology and hydrogen fuel cells
• Charging batteries from sun, wind, and water power
• Battery charge control systems
• Effective refrigeration options for the tropics
• Autopilots and windvane self-steering
• Energy-saving systems on three successful blue water vessels
• And much, much more
Bill Morris, author of The Windvane Self-Steering Handbook and a frequent contributor to Ocean Navigator Magazine, currently cruises the Channel Islands of Southern California on the 1966 Cal 30 Saltaire as he prepares for his next offshore adventure.
Buy with confidence from Amazon