- 2-way speaker with 4-inch woofer and 1-inch soft dome tweeter; 80 watt peak system power (40 watts x 2)
- Recharge by embedded solar panel or with AC power adapter (charges in 7 hours by AC, and 65 hours by Solar Panel)
- IPX4 water-resistant so you can leave it out in the rain
- Completely wireless operation: no power cord, no audio cables (wirelessly streams music from any Bluetooth device up to 100′; speakers automatically link together wirelessly for genuine stereo sound up to 30′)
- Free-standing OR mountable – your choice (mount included, remote control included)
Enjoying music outdoors is great. But getting true hi-fidelity sound from great outdoor speakers has always involved complicated wiring to your inside home stereo. On top of that, you can’t control the volume or program music from outside without running back to the inside stereo.
Who needs that!?
Keystone solves everything. First and foremost, this is a real high-fidelity speaker: it has a long-excursion 4-inch woofer in an acoustic suspension enclosure and a wide-dispersion 1-inch soft dome tweeter. Together, they combine for smooth, wide-range response that does full justice to even the most demanding program material.
But Keystone doesn’t stop there: It streams music wirelessly from any Bluetooth device. It’s powered by a long-lasting internal rechargeable battery.
Its built-in 40-watt (peak) amplifier provides plenty of music power. Keystone is an outdoor music system that is super easy to set up and leave up all summer long.
Other thoughtful touches abound: An embedded solar panel keeps the battery charged. The two speakers wireless link to each other for true stereo-no inter-speaker wiring needed. And of course, it’s IPX4 water-resistant
Keystone is the way to go for hi-fidelity music outside that’s all upside and no downside.
Frequently Asked Questions
Is the ION Audio Keystone battery-powered, solar-powered, or both?
The ION Audio Keystone speaker has an internal, non user-replaceable rechargeable battery. Although the Keystone is not solar-powered, there is still a solar panel on the speaker which will allow you to wirelessly charge the Keystone. Although you can use solar energy for charging, you also can bring the Keystone inside for a wired charge with the included power supply.
How long does the battery last?
The battery can last up to 100 hours on a single charge.
Is the battery user-replaceable?
The battery is not user-replaceable. If the battery will not charge or hold a charge, contact ION Audio Technical Support for further assistance.
How do you link the Keystone pair together?
Out of the box, the ION Audio Keystone speakers “”autolink”” for a seamless connection between the two speakers.
- Power on each Keystone by pressing their power buttons. You will hear “Power On” for confirmation.
- The speakers will automatically, wirelessly link for stereo sound. The speakers will search for each other while playing an intermittent tone. Once the stereo pair is successfully linked, you will hear “Pairing successful, connected” followed by “Left channel” and “Right channel” on the respective speakers.
This process may take up to 2 minutes the first time two speakers are linked. Speakers that were previously linked will re-link automatically in a few seconds if powered on in range of one another.
Note:Keystone speakers should be within 30 ft. (9 m) of each other to Link properly.
- When the stereo link is confirmed by the solid green LED, press the Bluetooth Connect button on either speaker or the included remote to enter Bluetooth Pairing Mode.
Note:The Left channel will be the “master” speaker, and the unit from which the Bluetooth range will be determined.
- On your Bluetooth device, navigate to your Bluetooth settings menu, find Keystone, and connect. Once the Bluetooth connection is made, the blue LED will be solid. You will hear “Connected” for confirmation.
Note:If you experience trouble in connecting, select “Forget this Device” for Keystone on your Bluetooth device and try to connect again.
- If your Bluetooth device is not able to connect to Keystone, hold the Bluetooth Connect button on the speaker to break previous Bluetooth connections and reset the Bluetooth module.
Does the Keystone come with or need a power supply?
The ION Audio Keystone utilizes a rechargeable battery, but in order to properly charge, it will need to use either solar power or a power supply cable. Included with purchase is a charging adapter used for charging the battery only. ION Audio recommends taking the Keystone Speakers inside when charging with the included power supply.
Is the ION Audio Keystone water-proof?
The ION Audio Keystone Speakers are IPX4 water-resistant. This means that they are not water-proof, but they can resist splashing water from any angle. ION Audio recommends taking the Keystone Speakers inside during extreme cold, heavy rain, or melting snow, and avoiding letting them sit in standing water.
Can I mount the ION Audio Keystone?
Yes! The ION Audio Keystone speakers come with a mounting apparatus on the bottom, allowing you to securely mount them to calls.
How can I reset the Keystone speakers?
To reset your Keystone speakers, there is a RESET button located in the charging port area of each speaker. Resetting your speakers are recommended if you’re experiencing Bluetooth connectivity issues or audio issues.
Further Technical Support
Whether you are a customer or dealer, if you already own a ION product, or if you just have pre-sales questions, the experienced ION technical support team is available to help!
Visit the link below to connect with any of the following support options: online community support, phone support, email support.
- PowerVia power adapter or solar panel
- Power adapter: 15 V DC, 2000 mA, center-positive
- Solar panel: 1 W output
- Battery: Built-in rechargeable 12 V lead-acid battery
- Battery Life: Up to 50 hours
- Recharge Time: 8 hours with AC adapter; 120 hours with solar panel
- Speaker Output: 80 W (40 W x 2)
- 4” woofer
- 1” tweeter
- Frequency Response: 70 Hz – 20,000 Hz
- Water-resistant Class: IPX4
- Supported Bluetooth Profile: A2DP
- Bluetooth Range: Up to 100 feet
- Linked Stereo Range: Up to 30 feet between two linked Keystones
- Remote Control Range: Up to 32.8ft
- Dimensions(width x depth x height): 7.7” x 7.7” x 9.25”
- Weight: 8.4 lbs.
- (2) Keystone Speakers
- (2) Wall Mounts
- (2) Charging Adapters
- (1) Remote Control
- (8) 1.5” (38 mm) #10 Screws Quickstart Guide
- Safety & Warranty Manual
Buy with confidence from Amazon